Health & Safety
Dr. Sylvia Peske remains committed to maintaining the health and safety of her clients and community members. Read below to learn more about what Sylvia is doing and what you can do to stay safe.
Sylvia will disinfect touch-points at the beginning of her shift, after each in-person appointment and again at the end of her shift. Her cleaning procedures are as follows:
- Front door (inside and out), Door Knobs;
- Light switches (beginning and end of shift);
- Office couch and table;
- Bathroom taps, toilet flusher;
- Hand sanitizer dispensers.
Sylvia will utilize a “wipe twice” method as per disinfection recommendations. For disinfection and sanitization, Sylvia uses Simple Green d PRO 3 PLUS™ . Following the manufacture instructions, all touch-point surfaces will be saturated in cleaning solution and soaked for the required 10-minute disinfection period.
Clients are encouraged to discuss procedures with Sylvia should they have any questions or concerns.
Mandatory Health Screening
A screening survey will be sent out automatically to you 24-hours before your session. You must complete this mandatory screening. If the screening has not been completed before your session, it may be rescheduled as an online session.
Any client or practitioner exhibiting any symptom of illness will be asked to pivot to an online session.
INFORMED CONSENT FOR RETURN TO IN-PERSON
All clients returning to in-person sessions or beginning in-person sessions will be required to complete a supplementary consent form. The purpose of the consent form is to outline Dr. Sylvia Peske, BC Ministry of Health and the College of Psychologists of British Columbia’s procedures and policies for returning to in-person sessions. Additionally, the consent forms will also inform clients of adjustments that have been made to Dr. Sylvia Peske’s policies.
Changes to In-Person Sessions
- A screening survey will be sent out automatically to you 24-hours before your session. You must complete this mandatory screening. If the screening has not been completed before your session, it may be rescheduled as an online session;
- Should you or Sylvia exhibit any symptoms of illness, sessions will transition to online;
- The waiting area is closed. Upon arrival, please proceed directly to the therapy room and take a seat on the couch. The chair is reserved for Sylvia;
- You will wash your hands or use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the counselling room or hand sanitizing station when you enter the building;
- You and Sylvia agree to keep a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) without physical contact;
- You may be asked to wear a mask/PPE if there are any symptomatic concerns.
Please note that the above precautions may change in the event that local, provincial or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, we will talk about any necessary changes.
Arriving to the Office
The waiting area is closed. Upon arrival, please proceed directly to the therapy room and take a seat on the couch. The chair is reserved for Sylvia.
Due to Dr. Sylvia Peske’s growing health and safety standards as well as the necessity for increased screening, cleaning procedures, and administrative requirements, Sylvia now requires 48-hour notice to cancel or reschedule an In-Person session.
Your appointment time is reserved just for you. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a hole that could have been filled by another. You are responsible for notifying Sylvia at least 48 hours in advance of a scheduled appointment if you will miss that appointment.
Missed In-Person appointments, or appointments cancelled without 48 hours notice, will be charged the full session fee.