I remain committed to following College of Psychologists of British Columbia standards and guidelines as it pertains to my business, my work environment and how I continue to provide service to my clients. In response to the College’s and Ministry of Health’s, Dr. Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Officer directives, I have been mandated to enhance social distancing and isolation through the process of removing in-person sessions.
Effective immediately, my office will be closed for all in-person sessions
as I will be transitioning solely to Distance Psychotherapy
(Secure Video & Telephone Sessions).
As a Psychologist, I know that times of crisis (pandemic related or not) can challenge the way people think, cope and experience emotion. Unfamiliar threats can trigger anxiety, depression and fear. I wish for you to know that I stand beside you and are here for you in your time of need. Beyond all else, I consider the health and safety of those who mean the most, including fellow colleagues, clients and members of our community.
This decision was not arrived at lightly as I understand that for some, Telepsychology is not ideal. Please know that this is a temporary solution to assist in slowing the spread of this virus and enhancing the health and safety of everybody concerned.
While I do not know how long this situation will last, I want you to know that I am still here. Even though my office will be closed, I am still accessible to you. I will be working remotely from my safe and confidential space.
What you need to know:
- My hours of operation will remain the same.
- I have opened up Distance Psychotherapy as an option on my online booking portal.
- My software is secure, confidential and bank-level encrypted.
- You will require a laptop or desktop with webcam to access your sessions. If you do not have access to a laptop or desktop please contact my Office Manager, Ashliegh, at 780-960-1616as other alternatives may be available.
- The video software is currently only compatible with Google Chrome. If you require help with downloading this software, please contact my Office Manager, Ashliegh, at 780-960-1616.
- If you currently have an upcoming session booked, you will be receiving a new consent form regarding Telepsychology. Please complete this consent form prior to your next scheduled session. Should you have any questions, please contact me.
What you can do:
- Optimize your immune system:
- Eat wisely;
- Remain hygienic;
- Drink plenty of fresh water;
- Get adequate rest;
- Get adequate sun exposure;
- Practice breathing deeply;
- Remain objective;
- Continue to engage in activities that inspire you;
- Seek help if you are having difficulties managing your anxiety or feelings of depression.
- Get your information from reputable sources: